ArchiveOne Enterprise Cloud
recent White Papers
3 Reasons to Archive
The Real Costs & Risks of Email 1
The Real Costs & Risks of Email 2
The Real Costs & Risks of Email 3
recent news ARTICLES
OpenText’s blog entitled “Principles of Holistic Information Governance” outlines ten key points to enterprise-wide Information Governance – all of which...
PST Enterprise Enhanced to Automate PST Discovery and Disposition Across Large Enterprises
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., May 8, 2013 - C2C, a leading...
You’ve likely heard of Big Data but have you heard of Dark Data?
Big Data represents the volumes of structured data generated every second of every day, while Dark Data refers to the subset of unstructured data generated over time that sits beneath it. It is, for instance, the email conversation that led to the sales order.
How is it relevant to PST Management?
While most unstructured data is managed – files on a file server are backed up, email on an email server is archived – Dark Data typically is unmanaged. In our example, it is the email conversation that is contained in a PST file that is stored on the account manager’s laptop. It exists but it does so outside the corporate email environment and therefore outside of any management policies.
Why should this concern you?
Dark Data increases costs and creates risk for businesses. It costly and is discoverable. With regard to PST files …
- Collectively, they store thousands, possibly millions of messages and consume terabytes of storage. They complicate backup and recovery processes.
- They are difficult to discover, more difficult to search and they typically do not comply with government or corporate information management policies, frustrating both Corporate IT and Legal Counsel.
- PST data is hard to migrate and ingest into the Exchange Information Store (or archive) – and therefore impossible to eliminate.
Ultimately, PST files are dark, hidden threats, consuming valuable resources, complicating eDiscovery processes and increasing businesses’ legal risk.
C2C has years of experience solving email management problems for businesses both large and small, in a wide range of industries. We offer a suite of simple yet sophisticated solutions that address all the complexities and challenges of managing PST data. Our PST Management solutions enable businesses to regain control of their distributed corporate email and mitigate risk associated with unmanaged PST data. With C2C’s solutions, you may …
- Reduce costs associated with supporting and storing many thousands of end user created PST files that consume terabytes of storage.
- Manage PST data to comply with corporate records management and information governance policies.
- Minimize risk and limit corporate liability associated with undiscovered PST data – dark data.
C2C’s ArchiveOne Enterprise and PST Enterprise products each provide robust PST management & elimination capabilities. ArchiveOne is a comprehensive email management platform and is appropriate for those who want an end-to-end solution for all their corporate email. Click here to learn more. PST Enterprise is a stand-alone application for those who simply want to securely capture and ingest PST data and eliminate PST files. Click here to learn more.